What is the difference between Active, Surgeon-In-Training, and Allied Health membership types?
- Active (Surgeon) – is for board certified (or equivalent in given country) and practicing surgeons
- Surgeon-In-Training – for physicians who are not board-certified and still in training
- Allied Health – for nurses, GI assistants, and doctors who are not certified by the American Board of Surgery or equivalent in country of practice.
What are the different membership rates and am I eligible?
- Active rate (Surgeon) – $220 annually
- Surgeon-In-Training – $140 annually
- Allied Health – $140 annually
- Congress rate – only for *NEW* members who sign up at the annual meeting (current IPEG members are ineligible) $180 annually
- Chapter rate – this is a courtesy rate for Chapter members currently living and practicing in one of the Chapter countries (Latin America and the Middle East) $180 annually
- Active 3-Year Membership rate – $600
- Congress 3-Year Membership – only for new members who sign up at the annual meeting (current IPEG members are ineligible) $540
- Congress 3-Year Membership – courtesy rate for Chapter members living and practicing in one of the Chapter countries (Latin America and the Middle East) $540
What countries are included in the Latin America Chapter?
- Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela
What countries are included in the Middle East Chapter?
- Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
What is the new 3-year membership option and why would I want to enroll?
- It allows new and existing members to lock in their dues rate for 3 years
- Only receive a renewal invoice every three years. For example, if you pay in 2017, your membership will be paid through 12/31/2019
- Enjoy a savings of $60
Why is my membership renewal due now as opposed to the month in which I first joined IPEG?
- In 2015, IPEG converted all members to the same annual billing cycle. The new membership cycle is from January 1 – December 31
Why did we change the billing cycle?
- Having all members on the same billing cycle frees up our administrative staff from having to research and invoice members every month and provides more time to focus on other important tasks and projects like the annual meeting and endorsed courses. This benefits the Society by collecting dues earlier in the year.