WHEN IPEG WAS FOUNDED IN 1991, OUR GOALS WERE SIMPLE:
- To assure that all pediatric surgeons, pediatric urologists and general surgeons who treat children have access to current information defining the best, least invasive surgical treatment.
- To encourage development and evaluation of those treatments through peer-to-peer communication, education, and research.
WHO IS IPEG?
- Surgeons who practice surgery of children or adolescents with a special interest in Minimally lnvasive Surgery or Therapy.
- Persons who are accredited trainees in the Surgery of children and adolescents, with a special interest in Minimally Invasive Surgery or Therapy
WHY ARE WE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ORGANIZATIONS?
IPEG is truly an international organization. Not only do we have members in 52 countries, every region of the world is represented on the Executive Committee:
- The Americas, incorporating the United States of America and Canada
- Europe, incorporating all states and nations extending from the United Kingdom through to Eastern Europe and Russia and inclusive of Turkey
- World-at-Large, divided as follows:
- Incorporating all states and nations extending from Mexico, Central & South America, and Africa, ending at the Suez Canal
- Asia, India, the Pacific and the Middle East, incorporating all states and nations east of the Suez Canal and bordered by Russia and Turkey, inclusive of the islands in the Pacific Rim
Those of us who perform endoscopy and minimal access surgery on children understand the special nature of the surgery we do. More than 600 surgeons from many different disciplines have joined our ranks, our membership includes surgeons and urologists from over 50 different countries.
Benefits of IPEG membership include:
- On-line subscription to the Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques plus
- Videoscopy, a video complement to the journal – a $1,200 value is yours for FREE with your paid IPEG membership;
- Significant discounts on registration fees for the Annual Congress as well as interactive web seminars through Case Western Reserve University-Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital;
- Access to our Video Library with archived presentations from our previous meetings – panels and advanced courses available ONLY through the member area of the IPEG website;
- Opportunities to submit and receive funding from IPEG’s annual research grant;
- Electronic newsletter with clinical and educational updates;
- Invitations to participate in research studies coordinated by IPEG;
- Opportunities to meet and discuss pediatric minimally invasive surgery with leaders and innovators in the field.
We invite you to apply for membership and become a part of a growing movement in this surgical specialty. Membership applications can be filled out on this website or can be downloaded in the Adobe Acrobat format. You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the application.
The challenge before us is to establish a firm base for IPEG so that we can meet and surpass our educational and research goals. We have created seven volunteer committees made up of IPEG members interested in creating standards of practice, in pursuing outcomes & research, in organizing excellent educational meetings and courses, in growing the membership of IPEG and identifying new emerging technology.
We encourage you to contact the IPEG office if you have any questions, the contact information is also on this site.
Invest in the future of pediatric surgery, invest in your practice … invest in IPEG!