WHEN IPEG WAS FOUNDED IN 1991, OUR GOALS WERE SIMPLE:
- To assure that all pediatric surgeons, pediatric urologists and general surgeons who treat children have access to current information defining the best, least invasive surgical treatment.
- To encourage development and evaluation of those treatments through peer-to-peer communication, education, and research.
WHO IS IPEG?
- Surgeons who practice surgery of children or adolescents with a special interest in Minimally lnvasive Surgery or Therapy.
- Persons who are accredited trainees in the Surgery of children and adolescents, with a special interest in Minimally Invasive Surgery or Therapy
WHY ARE WE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ORGANIZATIONS?
IPEG is truly an international organization. Not only do we have members in 52 countries, every region of the world is represented on the Executive Committee:
- The Americas, incorporating the United States of America and Canada
- Europe, incorporating all states and nations extending from the United Kingdom through to Eastern Europe and Russia and inclusive of Turkey
- World-at-Large, divided as follows:
- Incorporating all states and nations extending from Mexico, Central & South America, and Africa, ending at the Suez Canal
- Asia, India, the Pacific and the Middle East, incorporating all states and nations east of the Suez Canal and bordered by Russia and Turkey, inclusive of the islands in the Pacific Rim
IPEG is an inclusive international organization that fosters new ideas, innovation, and education in pediatric minimally invasive surgery. Benefits of IPEG membership include significant discounts on Annual Meeting registration fees, access to a Journal, networking, and opportunities to share clinical research.
As IPEG continues to expand and develop internationally it understands that there is a need to adjust to world economics. Therefore, a new membership tier structure has been recently implemented to make membership more accessible to all colleagues from across the globe. For practicing surgeons, dues are now based upon country, with three Tiers based primarily upon economic development within the region.
We invite you to apply for membership and become a part of a growing movement in this surgical specialty. Membership applications can be filled out on this website.
The challenge before us is to establish a firm base for IPEG so that we can meet and surpass our educational and research goals. We have created seven volunteer committees made up of IPEG members interested in creating standards of practice, in pursuing outcomes & research, in organizing excellent educational meetings and courses, in growing the membership of IPEG and identifying new emerging technology.
We encourage you to contact the IPEG office if you have any questions, the contact information is also on this site.
Invest in the future of pediatric surgery, invest in your practice … invest in IPEG!