Dear IPEG Members and Colleagues,
We wanted to offer updates on what is happening at IPEG and wish you all season’s greetings!
This has been a year working to get back to in-person events and meetings. It has also been a year of planning as we prepare for a joint IPEG/ESPES meeting and work on administrative flow within the IPEG organization.
Here are some of our highlights/updates:
- Committees: Congratulations to all those who were nominated for committee assignments. You will receive additional instructions and committee meeting dates in the new year.
- Annual meeting: will take place in Sorrento, Italy, July 5-8, 2023, in conjunction with the European Pediatric Endosurgery Society (ESPES) #IPEGESPES2023 and the Veterinary Endoscopy Society (VES). The collaboration and audience will lead to an exciting and timely lineup of speakers and topics. Our meeting website page has a link to the hotel, which is open. Conference and pre-congress course registration will open soon. Consider signing up for one of our many pre-conference courses, including the Mastery Learning Essentials ™, Mastery Learning Advanced Course ™, Urology, and Robotics courses. These courses are undergoing substantial revisions, will be taught by experts and will contain exciting updates.
- Abstract notification: we are pleased with the outstanding abstract submissions and are busy working on sending out acceptances in the coming weeks.
- Membership dues: please end the year by paying your membership dues! (Tell your colleagues about our society and share the enthusiasm by having them join).
- Donate: consider donating to IPEG research funds/education funds to help other young investigators in pediatric minimally invasive surgery.
- Social: connect with us across all social media platforms and tag us @IPEGsurgery #IPEGsurgery in your exciting accomplishments! Join us on the StayCurrent app, where we will have meeting/program information, new content from IPEG Academy, and much more.
We hope to see you all in Sorrento!
Philipp Szavay, MD
Philipp Szavay, MD