Scaled Neonatal Minimally Invasive Surgery Trainer Sets will be available to Pediatric Surgery Training programs for assistance in training residents, fellows, and practicing pediatric surgeons based on the merit of their application. There are 40 sets to be distributed and they will be awarded based on review of each application. This is a competitive application process and not every applicant will receive a set of trainers
Requirements to receive a set of trainers include the following:
- Completed application-see attached.
- Identification of a Pediatric Surgeon at the receiving program who will be responsible for the incorporation of the trainers into the MIS program.
- Maintenance of accurate contact information for follow-up and collaboration with other centers receiving trainers to facilitate communication, data collection and sharing of information
- Facilities to utilize trainers including camera, monitor, and instruments (suggest 3mm instruments including bowel grasper(s), Maryland dissector, scissors, and needle driver(s) or willingness to obtain.
Considerations for successful applications:
- Number of residents/fellows who will be utilizing the trainers
- Ability to define curriculum of how trainers will be incorporated into the training environment
- Presence of coordinator/data collector for participation in research projects
- Willingness to participate in data collection on performance, curriculum development, and outcomes associated with the incorporation of the trainers into the training programs for the next 2 years.
- Agreement to notify collaborative of programs of research projects for the next 2 years to invite others to participate.
- Joint applications for programs within geographic region will be reviewed favorably
- Training program status
- IPEG membership
Please login if you are a current IPEG Member. If you wish to become a member, please go to the JOIN IPEG tab at the top of the page.