The purpose is to stimulate and support high-quality original research from IPEG members in basic and clinical science.
- Applicants must be an IPEG member in good standing.
- Applicants should be junior faculty. This is defined as being within your first five years after training.
- Applicants must have the necessary research facilities and infrastructure available to them to complete their research.
- Proposal should place an emphasis on basic science research.
- Programs suitable for application:
- Clinical Studies on any aspect of endoscopic pediatric surgery. Clinical studies may deal with clinical, functional, pathophysiological, organizational or economic aspects. The planned duration of the studies should not exceed 12 months.
- Experimental Studies in vivo or in vitro, on any topic that is related to endoscopic pediatric surgery. The planned duration of the studies should not exceed 12 months.
- Applications should be limited to 4 pages and include a detailed description of the study comprised of background, hypotheses, study design, financial aspects, time frame and manpower.
Applications will be graded on originality, study design, and clinical relevance.
- One winner will be chosen to receive the IPEG research grant of $5,000 USD. The award is an all-inclusive grant with no additional monies available for salaries.
- Award Winner will receive a certificate of the award to be presented at the IPEG 2016 Annual Congress, May 24-28 in Fukuoka, Japan. The Award Winner must be present at the meeting.
- Award Winner must attend and present their findings during the 2017 IPEG Annual Congress.
- Award Winner must submit their research findings to IPEG’s official journal, The Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques. Manuscripts must be sent to the journal 3 months in advance of the 2017 IPEG Annual Congress.
- IPEG will forward the grant funds to award winner’s institution within 90 days of the award announcement.
Content questions regarding the IPEG 2016 Research Grant application process should be addressed to the IPEG Research Chair, Dr. Shawn St Peter, at [email protected]. Administrative questions can be directed to Emmanuel Urbano at [email protected].
The IPEG research grants are promoted and financially supported by numerous IPEG members. We would like to thank all these supporters who have given in support of IPEG’s mission.